Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Coastal Defence Debate

I've just read the debate yesterday in the Commons which Norman Lamb secured on the Shoreline Management Plan. About 50 people travelled down from Happisburgh to attend. I've read Norman's speech and to be honest I could have happily uttered every word myself. Labour's Tony Wright also spoke and made some valid points. I really believe that this issue is going to dominate the next couple of years for whoever is MP for North Norfolk after May 5th. If you want to read the debate CLICK HERE.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Norman Lamb did it - you didn't and that's the difference. You might learn something if you copied Norman Lamb more.

Iain Dale said...

Anonymous, In case you hadn't noticed, I am not an MP so I can't take part initiate a Parliamentary debate. That may well change soon...

Anonymous said...

and why on earth should a would be Tory MP 'copy' an MP from another party?. I thought the whole point of a democracy was to have your own views and put them before the people. Fair play to Iain for giving credit where it's due, something I don't think I've ever seen from the LDs.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Iain - well done for giving due credit to Mr Lamb. It is good to see politicians of different parties working together on an issue for once.