Friday, March 04, 2005

Snowy Day

Took me 45 minutes to drive from my house in Swanton Abbott to Cromer this morning. Thought we would have to cancel tonight's debate in Fakenham but in the end all the snow went, although it's back with a vengeance as I type this. The weather certainly affected turnout. There were only about 35 people there, which is less than half the number who have attended the previous debates.

Tomorrow we're out on the coast delivering a newsletter on the Shoreline Management Plan to coastal villages. It's going to be a big issue at the election. I'm therefore astonished that Norman Lamb has admitted in the EDP that not only do the LibDems not have a policy on it, they won't have before the election. I won't be making the same mistake.Tomorrow evening I'm paying my first visit to Carrow Road for many years. Norwich are playing West Ham Reserves, commonly known as Chelski. I look forward to seeing Joe Cole, Frank 'lard arse' Lampard and Glen Johnson again. Ah, those were the days.

Then in the evening I am speaking at a Norwich North Conservative function.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Iain, why are off to the Norwich North Conservatives and not doing something to oust the useless Mr Lamb here? Leave the Norwich Tories to their own thing, Iain, we need you here - to fight and win for us. I voted Tory in 97 but abstained in 01 - I won't make that mistake again.

Iain Dale said...

I spent my formative political years in Norwich North and it still means a lot to me. I still have a lot of friends there so I wanted to do something to help them. I hope my work here demonstrates my commitment to the fight in North Norfolk. Believe me, I have a full day ahead of me tomorrow (Sunday) when I will be doing a lot of election preparation work. Glad that you have returned to the fold. You'll be glad to know you are not alone!