Friday, March 18, 2005

Theresa May Day


 Posted by Hello
Up at 8 to collect Theresa May from Norwich Station. After my experiences with IDs, Boris and Cecil Parkinson being 90 minutes late I approached the platform with some trepidation. I need not have feared - I soon spotted the famous shoes stepping towards me. We then drove to Holt to visit the Charles Road Day Centre for people with learning disabilities. We're pictured here with Fred, who kindly showed us round and introduced us to everyone. Then on to North Norfolk Radio where Theresa did a stint for 45 minutes. Then a speedy drive to the Beechwood Hotel in North Walsham. On the way I learnt I had become an Uncle for the third time. My sister had a baby this morning - Zoe Elizabeth. I was so shocked that I started to drive through a red light at some roadworks in Felmingham until Theresa May pointed out what I was about to do! We had a good meeting with a group of 15 people to discuss parental access issues. It was then on to Norwich to visit the Open24-7 centre on Bank Plain. An amazing project. It's a fantastic new youth venue and if it works will be a tremendous asset for Norfolk. This evening Theresa and I attended and spoke at a black tie dinner in Hanworth.

No comments: