Saturday, April 02, 2005

Hacker Beware

This afternoon I received an email from the person who hacked this site yesterday. This person has registered an email address in my name the_iain_dale@yahoo.co.uk. So on top of committing a criminal offence of hacking a website this idiot has compounded the issue by attempting to impersonate me. Enough is enough. On Monday morning I am going to the Police.

If anyone receives an email purporting to come from me from the address the_iain_dale@yahoo.co.uk they should contact me immediately on 01692 538180. My real email address is iain@iaindale.com. It is clear from the messages posted on my Blog that the person who hacked my site is at the very least a Liberal Democrat sympathiser. I hope this is not the start of a dirty tricks campaign by my opponents. I intend to conduct an election campaign which treats my opponents with respect and I am sure they will return the courtesy, but it is up to us all to curb those who stray beyond the bounds of what is acceptable. I have already had several emails from LibDem supporters expressing concern at what has been done apparently in their name. I thank them for their kind words.

No comments: