Sunday, April 17, 2005

Sunday Sunday

Tomorrow's Sun says that only one in four young people will vote. That's why I have agreed to take part in four political debates in High Schools around the constituency over the next two weeks. I have to say I believe the turnout here will be far higher, but we shouldn't take it for granted.

I have spent much of today helping put up posters. I don't like disturbing people's Sundays knocking on doors so putting up posters was rather fun - indeed, quite therapeutic. I'm very encouraged by the number of our posters which are going up all over the place. And not too many are being vandalised.

I met one of the North Walsham LibDem councillors in Knapton this afternoon and had a good chat.

A very good policy announcement today by Michael Howard on encouraging people to save for pensions. This is a very big issue which will resound well on the doorstep.

No comments: