Monday, May 29, 2006

What Ming Said, And What Ming Meant

From the Scotsman last Wednesday...

Sir Menzies paid tribute to him, telling journalists: "Eric Forth was a friend of mine. He was born within a mile of where I was born. I deprecate any effort to begin electioneering under any circumstances in any by-election until the writ has been moved by the party with responsibility for doing so. If that were done, I disapprove, and I will make sure my disapproval is known."

Strange then, that the LibDem HQ in Bromley opened for business three days ago. The writ won't be moved until next week. To be fair to Ming, he probably meant until the funeral had been held. And as you know, I do like to be fair to Ming.

3 comments:

prolix said...

Iain, you really should invest in a new Ming photo!

Tim Roll-Pickering said...

How about this one? ;)

Man in a Shed said...

Go easy on the old boy Iain, we need him to last another 3-4 years. Perhaps its time to start a ConservativesForMing site ?