Wednesday, September 20, 2006

John Reid does a Brian Hanrahan

In the Spectator tomorrow, John Reid doesn't rule himself out, but he doesn't rule himself in...

"I don’t think anybody at this stage has to rule themselves out. I think we’ve got time just to take stock of the approach, the strategic position of the party and policy priorities, and I think that people will find, looking at the lessons of the last few weeks, that unity will be at a premium and that actually people want to work together more closely. I don’t think people have to take that decision at this stage. I have said all along that I will not make any statement in any case until Tony Blair has announced he’s going or when he’s going."

Funny that, I thought he had...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Will he be the one to push Blair, it's only 30 pieces of silver after all

Anonymous said...

Thought his speech today was very good.

Can you imagine Gordon ever doing as well?

Reid is definately in the frame no matter what he says.