Sunday, January 14, 2007

Stephen Tall Deserves Recognition

There's no newspaper I can think of that I would rather read sitting on the loo than that well know paper of record, LibDem News. So there I was, on the throne reading this week's issue (I am more eclectic in my reading tastes than you might think) when I saw a story about Stephen Tall's Sexiest Liberal Democrat Politician poll. Sadly, throughout the story they called him John Tall, rather than Stephen. Easy mistake to make. He is after all only their Blogger of the Year and one of their leading councillors. And for ease of reference in future I've included a picture of him for those LibDems who don't know him. For ease of reference, he's the one in the yellow rosette...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear John...

Anonymous said...

Never mind Stephen/John Tall, what about John Thurso MP as pictured in the cited poll? He's a dead ringer for Lord Lucan. Except much less dead. Please publish a Private Eye style 'lookalikes' photo of each.


Paul Murphy

Anonymous said...

yeah stephen's a babe

Anonymous said...

Hmmm...Iain, I can't help thinking that the reference to 'John Tall' might have been some kind of LibDem in-joke.

A bit like us Welsh don't have any surnames at all. We go by the place we live in, or our occupation.

So if the name of your farm/homestead were Riverside you would be Iain Riverside. Or even Iain Upton Park [have to say, that does sound rather more posh].

Or possibly Iain Blogger. Although I won't suggest you would be called Iain Tubby Tiger as that might get me a well-deserved walloping..

Anonymous said...

Why didn't Mark Oaten win the poll??

Anonymous said...

Glad we got your money for a subscription in the end Iain :-)

Anonymous said...

Although I'm inclined to agree with you that the toilet is the best place for LibDem News, I have to ask why you don't use Andrex like everybody else?

LibDem News may be soft, strong and thoroughly absorbent (hat tip: Blackadder) but Andrex doesn't leave ink stains and there's no danger of wiping your behind on the face of a Liberal Democrat MP either.

(As this isn't the Catholic plotter's blog, I'll resist the temptation to make a Mark Oaten joke on this occasion...)