Sales Executive for leading political magazine
About Total Politics:
Total Politics is the UK’s leading monthly political lifestyle magazine and in just two years has established itself as the only magazine read at all levels of UK government and across the political spectrum.
Total Politics prides itself on being unremittingly positive about the political process, publishing agenda-setting interviews with the biggest names in British politics, sparking debate with hard-hitting features, and raising standards by informing readers about the latest in political campaign techniques and technology.
About the role:
We’re expanding the sales team and are looking for a candidate who can demonstrate the following attributes, as well as experience:
• Ideally a minimum 3 years’ media sales and negotiation experience with a proven track-record (experience of the public affairs market a plus)
• Commitment to using a consultative sales approach in which you work directly with clients, proposing bespoke solutions to meet each business’ individual needs
• Knowledge of and interest in politics and current affairs
• A positive, enthusiastic, flexible, creative and lateral thinker
• Self-motivated, sense of humour and ability to work in a small team
• A ‘can-do’ attitude
• Conference/event sponsorship experience useful
As a Sales Executive you will be expected to:
• Develop new business by selling display advertising to a variety of different organisations – both directly to clients and to media agencies and PR companies
• Grow revenues from new clients and new market sectors
• Achieve and exceed personal and team targets
• Develop and maintain a professional relationship with new and existing clients
Salary: Basic from £25,000 (according to experience) +bonus
Please send a CV and covering letter to Katy Scholes (katy DOT scholes AT totalpolitics DOT com).
Closing date: 20 August