Friday, April 01, 2011

Why I've Decided to Start Blogging Again

It's nearly four months since I quit blogging. So many people have been kind enough to tell me they have missed my daily jottings, and indeed, I have missed them myself. My life just hasn't been quite the same. Indeed, I'm sure you won't think it pretentious of me to say that since I left, the whole blogoshere hasn't been quite the same. It's been a bit like Take That without Robbie, hasn't it? Admit it, your day hasn't been as fulfilling without being able to read my Top Ten List of Top Ten Lists, or me asking why, oh why oh why so and so shouldn't be strung up from the nearest lamppost. OK, you can still read those magic words "On my LBC Show tonight..." and little Grant does his best with the Daley Dozen, but it's not as good as when I did it, is it?

Which brings me to the point of this post. Despite there only being 24 hours in the day I have decided to return to the blogging fray. I can already hear the nation rejoicing, as a little part of England flowers again.

Inevitably there will be minor changes to the blog. Due to my job at LBC I have to obey Ofcom guidelines, so where previously I might have been able to write "Ed Balls is a talentless piece of dickshit" I may have to say something like "Some commentators have questioned Ed Balls's abilities", but I am sure readers will understand and be able to read between the lines. I can do subtlety.

The other change I shall introduce is to ban anyone from commenting on what I write. It's not becase I am a sensitive little flower - although we all know I can be - but I frankly don't care what anyone else thinks, so why pretend? You come here to read what I write, not some lunatic from Leamington Spa. Don't you? Well don't you?

Another change is that because of my impartiality responsibilities I shall be writing less about politics and more about music. Indeed, the first article I shall post will be a piece titled "Roxette and the philosophy of the Joyride".

So, I am back. With a vengeance. Enjoy.

16 comments:

Timothy Belmont said...

Well done and best of luck!

Scary Mary said...

Obvious April fool

Archbishop Cranmer said...

It wouldn't take long for you to crawl back to #1, but nice April Fool.

:oD

Conand said...

April fool.

Asa said...

Knew it! Welcome back Iain!

Not a sheep said...

A good April fool as it was only just unbelievable!

BTW Word Verification was 'outif' are these themed today?

Norton Folgate said...

Unfortunate April Fool anagram

Liar Poof

Sorry Iain :)

Plato said...

April Fool - shame really as Ive stopped reading others blogs without yours as a focal point for comments.

Can't be fagged with the D12 without a subject to hang them together.

Pam Smith said...

You almost had me fooled until you said there wouldn't be comments because you didn't care what people think - blatantly untrue in my short experience of following your blog.

Shame it's not true. :)

Michael Fowke said...

I'm not fooled.

Michael Fowke said...

I'm not fooled.

The Grim Reaper said...

I wonder if He Who Shalt Not Be Named got the joke?

Yes, I am talking about THAT man...

Stephen Wigmore said...

I am actually sad that this is an April Fools. Shame. But still, goo one Iain.

Stephen Wigmore said...

I am actually sad that this is an April Fools. Shame. But still, goo one Iain.

Osama the Nazarene said...

You had me fooled until the I reached the part about banning of comments.

Surely it was the commentators that made your blog, wasn't it?

By the way all the things you say in the first three paragraphs are true.

Anonymous said...

Would it were so! Happy April Fool's Day! Loved the part about the Ofcom restrictions. Or you could say you've moved to the BBC where every day is April Fools Day.